    SubjectRe: tip: bzip2/lzma now in tip:x86/setup-lzma
    On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 12:54 PM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:
    > Jaswinder Singh Rajput wrote:
    >>
    >> On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 3:41 AM, H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I'm thinking that with "preferred" we might just use the first one in the
    >>> priority list "lzma, bzip2, gzip, uncompressed" depending on what is
    >>> installed in the kernel.
    >>
    >> Only problem I faced with lzma is that, in some machines /usr/bin/lzma
    >> is not installed by default which leads to error in kernel
    >> compilations.
    >>
    >> Can we check in kernel config that lzma is installed on machine or not.
    >
    > For building the default initramfs, we'd do it in a script. I don't think
    > there is any way to check the system for configuration options, and I would
    > argue that it *shouldn't* be, because it creates a
    > silent failure condition.

    Sorry, I was talking about kernel with CONFIG_KERNEL_LZMA=y

    On some machines where /usr/bin/lzma was not installed I was getting
    errors during kernel compilation. So I installed lzma package and then
    kernel compiled for me on that machine.

    --
    JSR

      Last update: 2009-01-06 08:57    [W:4.120 / U:0.068 seconds]