SubjectRe: Btrfs for mainline
Hello everyone,

Thanks for all of the comments so far. I've pushed out a number of
fixes for btrfs mainline, covering most of the comments from this
thread.

* All LINUX_KERNEL_VERSION checks are gone.
* checkpatch.pl fixes
* Extra permission checks on the ioctls
* Some important bug fixes from the btrfs list
* Andi found a buggy use of kmap_atomic during checksum verification
* Drop EXPORT_SYMBOLs from extent_io.c

Unresolved from this reviewing thread:

* Should it be named btrfsdev? My vote is no, it is extra work for the
distros when we finally do rename it, and I don't think btrfs really has
the reputation for stability right now. But if Linus or Andrew would
prefer the dev on there, I'll do it.

* My ugly mutex_trylock spin. It's a hefty performance gain so I'm
hoping to keep it until there is a generic adaptive lock.

The full kernel tree is here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable.git;a=summary

The standalone tree just has the btrfs files and commits, reviewers may
find it easier:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-unstable-standalone.git;a=summary

The utilities can be found here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mason/btrfs-progs-unstable.git;a=summary

-chris

  Last update: 2009-01-06 20:45    [W:0.330 / U:8.400 seconds]