SubjectRe: [REGRESSION] Recent change to kernel spikes out ccache/distcc
On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 03:29:35PM +0000, Jan Beulich wrote:
> >In the short term, though, it would be nice if we could get back a
> >simple way of making a kernel object file using just cc, so that ccache
> >and distcc could be functional again. Does that seem reasonable?
> Making the new logic dependent on a config option would seem reasonable
> to me - of course at the expense of the respective Makefile becoming
> even less readable.

Too late. :-) It's pretty unreadable already.... as a result, I'm not
at all confident that I could make such a patch. Is this something
you could perhaps whip up? I'd really appreicate it, as it would
seriously speed up by kernel development efforts.
Regards,

- Ted

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans