SubjectRe: 2.6.29 -mm merge plans
Hi Ryusuke,

[snip nilfs patches]

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Ryusuke Konishi
<konishi.ryusuke@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> Dunno. Has this been reviewed enough?
>>

> I'm now working to follow some comments from Chris, and
> I think nilfs should be reviewed more widely.
>
> I'll aim for the next merge window or so.

It would be nice if BUG(), BUG_ON(), and panic() calls would be
converted to proper error handling using WARN_ON() calls. The BUG()
call in nilfs_cpfile_delete_checkpoints(), for example, looks to be
triggerable from user-space via the ioctl() system call (albeit I
didn't look too closely). Furthermore, the BUG() calls in error paths
of fs/nilfs2/ioctl.c look really fishy.

On a related note, there are quite a few new ioctls there. Are they
described somewhere? Also, can they be converted to use
->unlocked_ioctl? It's bit sad that we're adding new users of BKL in
shiny new code.

Pekka

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans