    SubjectRe: document ext3 requirements
    Date
    On Sunday 04 January 2009 16:06:34 Theodore Tso wrote:
    > True enough, although the newer SSD's will have this problem addressed
    > (although at least initially, they are **far** more costly than the
    > el-cheapo 32GB SD cards you can find at the checkout counter at Fry's
    > alongside battery-powered shavers and trashy ipod speakers).

    I have great faith in the ability of PC hardware to continue to be crap for
    the foreseeable future.

    > I will stress again, that most of this doesn't belong in
    > Documentation/filesystems/ext3.txt, as most of this is *not*
    > ext3-specific.

    Yes and no. Ext3 is enough of a "default" filesystem for Linux that some
    documentation on when _not_ to use sounds like a good idea.

    That said, some kind of a "choosing a filesystem" file would be good, perhaps
    under the filesystems directory. (Then the ext3 doc would just need a brief
    comment and a pointer to the other file.)

    Rob

      Last update: 2009-01-05 02:41    [W:0.022 / U:2.760 seconds]