SubjectRe: 2.6.29-rc3+git macbook pro1,1 garbled display on resume
Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 05:24 -0800, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I recognized that everything seems to work just fine *on console only*.
>>> At least I could suspend and resume via s2ram >3 times in a row.
>>> What also worked was to just start plain X (no window manager or
>>> anything) and suspend/resume then. However with compiz running I am
>>> seeing the garbage/hang on resume.
>>> Are you by chance to having an ATI card + use a compositing window
>>> manager?
>>> Soeren
>> At the moment I don't have compiz manager
>> running, only fluxbox. But after thinking,
>> I did experience this(choppy screen)when using kexec,
>> i.g. starting a new kernel from a terminal inside the xserver
>> did create a messed up screen. Then(ctl+alt+del)disabling
>> the xserver, made things work the way they were supposed too.
>> I am running radeon on a macbook pro. If I can remember
>> at the time I was using kexec I did have radeon.(I'll try and reproduce
>> this though).
>> In any case I think this is an xserver issue not a kernel(but thats just
>> a guess).
>> I added a cc (hopefully it's the right one);
> Could be... I've tried with a more recent radeon driver, i.e.
> xserver-xorg-video-radeon deb-version 1:6.10.0-2 - same thing.
> Is anyone aware of a known-to-work radeon version that I should try?
> Soeren
I'm running everything from jaunty
(with an exception of a few packages from sid "s2ram");
As for the screen being garbled, I have not see this
with s2ram yet.(although I need to see if I can recreate
this with kexec);

Justin P. Mattock