    SubjectRe: 2.6.29-rc3+git macbook pro1,1 garbled display on resume
    Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
    > On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 05:24 -0800, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
    >> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> I recognized that everything seems to work just fine *on console only*.
    >>> At least I could suspend and resume via s2ram >3 times in a row.
    >>> What also worked was to just start plain X (no window manager or
    >>> anything) and suspend/resume then. However with compiz running I am
    >>> seeing the garbage/hang on resume.
    >>> Are you by chance to having an ATI card + use a compositing window
    >>> manager?
    >>> Soeren
    >> At the moment I don't have compiz manager
    >> running, only fluxbox. But after thinking,
    >> I did experience this(choppy screen)when using kexec,
    >> i.g. starting a new kernel from a terminal inside the xserver
    >> did create a messed up screen. Then(ctl+alt+del)disabling
    >> the xserver, made things work the way they were supposed too.
    >> I am running radeon on a macbook pro. If I can remember
    >> at the time I was using kexec I did have radeon.(I'll try and reproduce
    >> this though).
    >> In any case I think this is an xserver issue not a kernel(but thats just
    >> a guess).
    >> I added a cc (hopefully it's the right one);
    > Could be... I've tried with a more recent radeon driver, i.e.
    > xserver-xorg-video-radeon deb-version 1:6.10.0-2 - same thing.
    > Is anyone aware of a known-to-work radeon version that I should try?
    > Soeren
    I'm running everything from jaunty
    (with an exception of a few packages from sid "s2ram");
    As for the screen being garbled, I have not see this
    with s2ram yet.(although I need to see if I can recreate
    this with kexec);

    Justin P. Mattock

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-31 15:43    [W:0.029 / U:8.748 seconds]