SubjectRe: 2.6.29-rc3+git macbook pro1,1 garbled display on resume
Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 22:44 -0800, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>
>> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the macbook pro suspends just fine, but even though the machine returns
>>> to X I see on resume some random garbled output but can still move the
>>> mouse cursor (which is OK!) and using the keyboard successfully adjust
>>> the brightness of the display.
>>>
> [...]
>
>> Same here with jaunty i.g.
>> one week it worked then the next it didn't.
>> maybe disabling hotplug with xorg.conf
>> might make the keys work.
>>

> I recognized that everything seems to work just fine *on console only*.
> At least I could suspend and resume via s2ram >3 times in a row.
>
> What also worked was to just start plain X (no window manager or
> anything) and suspend/resume then. However with compiz running I am
> seeing the garbage/hang on resume.
>
> Are you by chance to having an ATI card + use a compositing window
> manager?
>
> Soeren

At the moment I don't have compiz manager
running, only fluxbox. But after thinking,
I did experience this(choppy screen)when using kexec,
i.g. starting a new kernel from a terminal inside the xserver
did create a messed up screen. Then(ctl+alt+del)disabling
the xserver, made things work the way they were supposed too.

I am running radeon on a macbook pro. If I can remember
at the time I was using kexec I did have radeon.(I'll try and reproduce
this though).
In any case I think this is an xserver issue not a kernel(but thats just
a guess).
I added a cc (hopefully it's the right one);

regards;

Justin P. Mattock

  Last update: 2009-01-31 14:27    [W:0.041 / U:0.064 seconds]