[lkml]   [2009]   [Jan]   [31]   [last100]   RSS Feed

SubjectRe: SOLVED support of touchscreen reported as eGalax but is not working
    Hi to all

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:18:36 -0800
    Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> (cc restored - please jsut do reply-to-all, always)
    > On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:05:29 +0100
    > > > > On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:13:23 +0100
    > > > > Niels de Vos <niels.devos@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:
    > > > >
    > > > > > Max Weninger wrote:
    > > > > > > Niels de Vos <niels.devos@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:
    > > > > > >> You can obviously download the drivers from
    > > > > > >> <http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/TouchKitDriver/linuxDriver.htm>.
    > > > > > >>
    > > > > > >> It would be great if eGalax could be convinced to get these
    > > > > > >> drivers included in main-line ;)
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > Thanks for your quick reply
    > > > > > > BUT: I have tried those driver also
    > > > > > >
    > > > > > > I tried this "brandnew" one (but also older ones)
    > > > > > > http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/drivers/touch_driver/Linux/2.06.2416/TouchKit-2.06.2410-32b-k26.tar.gz
    > > > > > > after making it compile for 2.6.28.2 :)
    > > > > > > since there is source code delivered
    > > > > >
    > > > > > For what it's worth; the version we use from eGalax is
    > > > > > 1.0.3.1701. I don't have the hardware here atm, so I can't
    > > > > > test an other driver now.
    > > > >
    > > > > I tried kernel 2.6.23.17 and there the touchscreen is recognized
    > > > > using the builtin usbtouchscreen driver
    > > >
    > > > It also works with 2.6.26.8
    > > After comparing the usbtouchscreen.c sources between the different
    > > versions I got it working by commenting the follwoing lines
    > > ...
    > > #ifdef CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_USB_EGALAX
    > > /* ignore the HID capable devices, handled by usbhid */
    > > {USB_DEVICE_HID_CLASS(0x0eef, 0x0001), .driver_info =
    > > DEVTYPE_IGNORE}, {USB_DEVICE_HID_CLASS(0x0eef,
    > > 0x0002), .driver_info = DEVTYPE_IGNORE}, ...
    > > Now the entry in /proc/bus/input/devices is created as in the
    > > older versions.
    > > So it seems that usbhid is not correctly handling my type
    > > of touchscreen if I understand the comment there correctly
    > So... how do we fix this for real?

Well I am really not an expert in kernel programming :-)
    I found out that these lines where added based on this thread from 2008

So all I can do is to provide any help in testing if needed

Regards