    SubjectRe: [git pull -tip] headers_check fixes for other architectures

    * Jaswinder Singh Rajput <> wrote:

    > These are clean patches, I did not included anything which leads to any
    > confusion or conflicts. I hope maintainers do not mind if these patches
    > go to mainstream via Ingo's -tip along with other headers_check fixes.
    > Ingo please pull:
    > The following changes since commit 83c21698257b3bbd96926480b26eaffb5a8c3946:
    > Ingo Molnar (1):
    > Merge branch 'x86/apic'
    > are available in the git repository at:
    > git:// master

    looks good, but could you please do this like you did the previous one:
    i.e. against your previous tree which was against Linus's tree?

    The tree you did above includes a ton of other in-work trees that are in
    -tip, which orders your fixes to after those trees - i.e. to somewhere in
    the late 2.6.30 merge cycle.

    So it's better to keep these separate. You can do this by basing your tree
    on tip:core/header-fixes:

    git checkout -b my-new-tree tip/core/header-fixes

    That will give you a base of your previous tree (in a Git friendly way),
    plus Sam's fix.

    Then you can git-cherry-pick all your new commits into that new tree, and
    send a pull request if you are happy with it. Likewise, you can probably
    achieve the same (with a lot less work) by doing this in your master
    branch above:

    git rebase --onto tip/core/header-fixes tip/master

    (this assumes you have -tip set up as a remote repository.)

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-31 17:47    [W:0.053 / U:0.544 seconds]