    SubjectRe: [Patch 0/3] posix mqueue namespace (v14)
    Quoting Andrew Morton (akpm@linux-foundation.org):
    > On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:02:48 -0600
    > "Serge E. Hallyn" <serue@us.ibm.com> wrote:
    >
    > > IPC namespaces are completely disjoint id->object mappings.
    > > A task can pass CLONE_NEWIPC to unshare and clone to get
    > > a new, empty, IPC namespace. Until now this has supported
    > > SYSV IPC.
    > >
    > > Most Posix IPC is done in userspace. The posix mqueue
    > > support, however, is implemented on top of the mqueue fs.
    > >
    > > This patchset implements multiple mqueue fs instances,
    > > one per IPC namespace to be precise.
    > >
    > > To create a new ipc namespace with posix mq support, you
    > > should now:
    > >
    > > unshare(CLONE_NEWIPC|CLONE_NEWNS);
    > > umount /dev/mqueue
    > > mount -t mqueue mqueue /dev/mqueue
    > >
    > > It's perfectly valid to do vfs operations on files
    > > in another ipc_namespace's /dev/mqueue, but any use
    > > of mq_open(3) and friends will act in your own ipc_ns.
    > > After the ipc namespace has exited, you can still
    > > unlink but no longer create files in that fs (since
    > > accounting is carried.
    > >
    > > Changelog:
    > > v14: (Jan 16 2009) port to linux-next
    > > v13: (Dec 28 2009)
    > > 1. addressed comments by Dave and Suka
    > > 2. ported Cedric's patch to make posix mq sysctls
    > > per-namespace
    > >
    > > When convenient, it would be great to see this tested
    > > in -mm.
    >
    > hm. Who is going to test it?

    Everyone using posix mq with an -mm kernel :)

    There are ltp testcases which I hope can be pushed once these
    patches appear headed upstream.

    thanks,
    -serge

      Last update: 2009-01-27 22:23    [W:0.051 / U:0.568 seconds]