SubjectRe: marching through all physical memory in software
Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 09:38:13 -0600
> "Chris Friesen" <cfriesen@nortel.com> wrote:
>
>> Someone is asking me about the feasability of "scrubbing" system
>> memory by accessing each page and handling the ECC faults.
>>

> Hi,
>
> I would suggest that you look at the "edac" subsystem, which tries to
> do exactly this....

Looking at the current -git code, there appears to be an option for
memory controllers to do this (the set_sdram_scrub_rate() routine), but
there don't appear to be any controllers that can actually do it.

edac appears to currently be able to scrub the specific page where the
fault occurred. This is a useful building block, but doesn't provide
the ability to march through all of physical memory.

Chris

  Last update: 2009-01-27 20:03    [W:0.364 / U:0.164 seconds]