SubjectRe: lockdep and debug objects together are broken?
On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 12:42 +0100, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> So by the time you'd rearm, there's a lot of tasks with no proper locking
> state built up. We might be able to re-arm via stop_machine_run perhaps.

Won't work either, kstopmachine only preempts everybody. We'd require
something stronger.

What we need is a point where there's guaranteed no locks held, for
regular tasks that would be a trip to userspace and back, but for kernel
tasks that's a bit harder -- does the freezer stuff guarantee this?

Supposing we have such a point for all tasks, what you then do is wipe
all lock state and rig a trigger to start tracking lock state once you
passed through the point.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans