    Subjectlinux kernel without file system
    Hello list,

    I need to design a very small embedded system that must only control
    one ethernet port and two serial lines and must fit in a very small flash
    memory. So I thought about replacing the call to /etc/init by my application
    program and removing all the file-system part of linux.

    Is that doable ?

    Is there a 'standard' way of doing that ?

    The first problem I see is accessing my serial lines. How could I do that
    without using open("/dev/ttySx"), which requires a file system ?

    Is there a way to access devices that does not require a file-system ?

    Thanks for reading this far

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-14 09:33    [W:0.020 / U:97.148 seconds]