SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] adaptive spinning mutexes
On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 01:35:29PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> You're taking a whizzy new feature which drastically changes a critical
> core kernel feature and jamming it into mainline with a vestigial
> amount of testing coverage without giving sufficient care and thought
> to the practical lessons which we have learned from doing this in the
> past.
>
> This is a highly risky change. It's not that the probability of
> failure is high - the problem is that the *cost* of the improbable
> failure is high. We should seek to minimize that cost.

There is very little downside to waiting for at least the next release
cycle. What's the case for making an exception and merging it right now?
It actually still seems to be generating a lot of changes and
discussion right up until yesterday...

  Last update: 2009-01-15 01:59    [W:0.195 / U:0.028 seconds]