    SubjectRe: [BUG?] SQUASHFS error: Major/Minor mismatch
    Woody Suwalski wrote:
    > Phillip Lougher wrote:
    >> You have to use the latest version of Mksquashfs in CVS available
    >> from
    >> git-cvsimport -v -d
    >> squashfs
    >> Phillip
    > Does not look good! I have squashfs images which work OK in 3.3 and 3.4,
    > but now I try to boot 2.6.29-rc1 and it can not mount my squashfs root
    > partition!
    > Does it mean that squashfs4 is not backward-compatible? If so - I can
    > not use it - all my images are generated on 3.3 .. 3.4...

    Backwards compatibility was dropped as part of the original review
    complaints against mainlining. The new 4.0 layout was necessary to address
    some issues again relating to the original review complaints. The 4.0
    layout is designed to hopefully not require any further modification in the

    Ultimately this does mean the Squashfs mainline code will never be able to
    read older filesystems. But, unsquashfs will always be able to read all
    filesystem versions, and I'll maintain out-of-tree patches that add
    backwards compatibility to the kernel code for those that need it. This
    should be finished in the near future.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-13 10:03    [W:0.021 / U:35.260 seconds]