    SubjectRe: PATCH [0/3]: Simplify the kernel build by removing perl.
    > There are several other packages which are broken for embedded
    > architectures, which I will hopefully attempt to fix by submitting patches
    > upstream. But this is why we should be cautious about including new tools
    > for compiling the kernel. Sam Ravnborg was correct in that a C program to do
    > the work would be the proper way. But by not addressing a currently existing
    > problem with an adequate replacement with something that does not exist
    > currently, seems faulty.

    Why are "make headers_install" such a crucial thing for your
    embedded environmnet?

    I would assume that if this of such improtance then there is also
    someone to step up and contribute a C version of it.

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-12 06:37    [W:0.018 / U:1.280 seconds]