    SubjectRe: [Regression] USB wakeup problem on Toshiba Portege R500
    On Mon, 12 Jan 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

    > > > Agreed.

    > > > I generally agree, with one exception. There are network adapters which
    > > > can be enabled to wake up by the BIOS and their drivers set them up for WoL
    > > > currently on this basis. These should remain enabled IMO.
    > >
    > > How do we know which adapters these are? IMO the PCI core should
    > > disable wakeup by default for all devices when they are detected.
    >
    > This is what we do.
    >
    > > Is it sufficient to have the adapter drivers enable wakeup during
    > > their probe routines?
    >
    > Yes, it is.

    Therefore all we need is a patch to change the USB host controller
    drivers. They should call device_set_wakeup_capable() instead of
    device_init_wakeup().

    I just got back from vacation so things will be busy for a few days,
    but I'll send out such a patch soon.

    Alan Stern

      Last update: 2009-01-13 04:13    [W:0.022 / U:0.576 seconds]