    SubjectRe: RFC: Network privilege separation.
    On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:47:21PM +0200, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
    > Le lundi 12 janvier 2009 22:55:47 Andi Kleen, vous avez écrit :
    > > Fair point, although I'm afraid you didn't do a very good
    > > job explaining your reasons, so it sounds like a
    > > quite arbitary decision.
    > Fair enough. It's just way too much interface/adaptation work compared to the
    > benefit. Especially considering that it would be much easier, and almost as
    > secure, with a "relaxed" SECCOMP.

    What system calls would you want in a relaxed SECCOMP?

    > And on top of that, it's causing
    > unnecessary overhead (we're also interested in those small Linux-based

    Would be interesting to try that out -- just adding two memcpyies to
    the existing code and see how much slower it gets. My guess
    would be not very, even e.g. on a Atom system (which are really
    not all that slow).

    Presumably you could always #ifdef it if it's really a problem
    on some specific system. That would be needed anyways for
    non linux systems.

    -- -- Speaking for myself only.

      Last update: 2009-01-12 22:39    [W:0.029 / U:15.744 seconds]