    SubjectRe: [Patch 0/3] Overview, OProfile SPU event profiling support for IBM Cell processor
    On 12.01.09 08:15:27, Carl Love wrote:
    > On Sun, 2009-01-11 at 10:31 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > > On Thu, 2009-01-08 at 16:26 -0800, Carl Love wrote:
    > > > I pulled down the git tree, compiled and installed it. I tested it
    > > > against the OProfile testsuite, which includes SPU event profiling
    > > > tests. Everything passed. The patch I submitted was against a 2.6.26
    > > > tree. You are now on a 2.6.28 tree so perhaps that is why the patch did
    > > > not apply cleanly. The patch has been out there for some time.
    > >
    > > When you submited it on Dec 2, it should have been against whatever was
    > > the latest upstream at the time, not 2.6.26.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > > Ben.
    > Ben, Arnd and Robert:
    > The patch was against the latest Arnd Cell Kernel tree at the time it
    > was posted. The OProfile for cell patches have all been submitted,
    > accepted by Arnd (CELL Kernel maintainer) and pushed up stream by Arnd.
    > Arnd has waited for the OProfile maintainer to review and approve the
    > change before Arnd would push it upstream.

    The patches are already upstream in v2.6.29-rc1. Hope this is ok. I
    had added them to the oprofile tree and the tree was merged be Linus.

    > So, at this point, Robert's (OProfile kernel maintainer) and Maynard's
    > (OProfile user space maintainer) approval for the patches.
    > The question now goes to Arnd and Robert, who is going to push the
    > patches upstream? Looks like Robert is ready to do it, so Arnd do you
    > approve the patches? Would you like to have Robert push the patches
    > upstream or would you prefer to do it? I think we need an
    > answer/agreement on this.

    Arnd, I thought the patches were ok for you. If there are still some
    concerns, we have to make delta patches.

    See also here:

    git log -4 -p 25006644e6042aab4bb7cdc4bfc5777cd3141df7

    Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
    Operating System Research Center

     \ /
      Last update: 2009-01-12 18:57    [W:0.030 / U:127.356 seconds]