    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Squashfs pull request for 2.6.29
    On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:30:23 PST, Linus Torvalds said:

    > I think squashfs usage would be similar - you'd not have squashfs as a
    > standalone media, it would be a "installation medium" thing.

    Actually, for some of us, squashfs would *usually* be a standalone - my biggest
    application for it is when I end up having to can-opener some wonky install
    medium that one of my users is having a problem with. And of course, I
    have to use some *other* kernel/system to do the can-opener trick with, because
    if the one on the medium worked, the user wouldn't be standing in my office :)

    Fortunately, that usually means I'm using a recent -mm kernel on my laptop,
    and the kernel/medium I'm trying to debug is almost always older, so I don't
    have to worry much about a too-new medium. Anybody comes in my office with
    something even more bleeding edge than what I have, I damn well expect them
    to be able to debug the issue themselves. ;)

      Last update: 2009-01-11 07:39    [W:0.020 / U:62.832 seconds]