SubjectRe: [git pull] x86 fixes
On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 11:22:24 -0700
"H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com> wrote:

> The "ideal" way to do any of this would probably to have checkboxes
> for all the CPUs you want to support and then a drop-down box for the
> CPU to optimize for. However, the combinatorics of that would be
> horrible, and it would be very unlikely we would avoid bugs.

the ideal case would be "support them all"

the second-most ideal case would be "support all as of <year>" I suppose

a third one for advanced users not distros would be "support only
<vendor>" since that would be the biggest part of code to drop

between models of the same vendor.. not too much to win there.

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2008-09-08 20:49    [W:0.614 / U:0.648 seconds]