SubjectRe: [BUG] x86 kenel won't boot under Virtual PC
Date
On Friday 05 September 2008 19:31, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> David Sanders wrote:
> > I recently discovered that x86 kernels won't boot under Virtual PC. In
> > this case paravirt was not built into the kernel. The kernel just
> > "hangs" on attempted boot with no error messages. Git-bisect pinpointed
> > the following commit as the problem:
>
> Hi David,
>
> Could you please confirm if the tip kernel solves the problem?
>
> Either that or apply this patch series to mainline; I'd like to promote
> this to urgent and send it to Linus for inclusion in 2.6.27, but I need
> verification as quickly as possible.
>
> -hpa
Peter, sorry about delay in replying I was out of town for weekend. I will
apply your patch and git back to you on results. A quick look a the patches
indicates that nop.h and the users of nop.h are not addressed so I may have
to combine your patches with Linus's Kconfig patch to get a working kernel.
David

  Last update: 2008-09-07 22:11    [W:0.086 / U:16.388 seconds]