SubjectRe: Marvel IDE 88SE6101 2.4.XX support
Hello,

On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 01:37:35PM +0300, ivaylo@bglans.net wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks, Alan for your comment about Marvell PATA IDE driver.
> In this time I'm a litle bit busy and do not have time to backport driver
> in 2.4 probably after a time I'll try (I'm not a profesional C programer
> and it is litle hard to me). I correct generic IDE patch and send you in
> the attached file.

OK. BTW, next time, please post it in pure text form, so that people on
the list can easily review and comment it.

> I make also patch to update e1000 driver in the 2.4 kernel to e1000-7.6.5
> and add support for:
> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family)
> Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 02)
>
> But I'm not sure if there are any license violations and any other person
> who manage network drivers to send it to him. If you know something about
> it please tell me to send the patch for testing and e.t.c.

Please contact Auke Kok and/or Jesse Brandeburg at intel. They are the
driver's maintainers, and since they still support it, I do not want to
change it without their agreement. If they want to propose an upgrade,
I'll trust them.

Regards,
Willy

  Last update: 2008-09-05 14:35    [W:0.043 / U:3.712 seconds]