    SubjectRe: Lenovo 3000 N100 i8042 problems
    On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Daniel Barkalow wrote:

    > On Wed, 3 Sep 2008, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 12:16:15PM -0400, Daniel Barkalow wrote:
    > > > legacy mode only has a bug that doesn't matter to Windows, and active mux
    > > > may have some of the usual problems but nothing I particularly noticed.
    > > >
    > > > I noticed that, when my i8042 would stop working, it would generally have
    > > > just delivered one mouse interrupt to CPU1 after never previously doing
    > > > so. Perhaps there's some sort of deadlock in the Linux i8042 driver when
    > > > both cores are unexpectedly getting interrupts from the two devices at
    > > > once? I could understand there being a Linux bug only triggered by quirky
    > > > hardware that only applies to legacy mode, which was just uncovered by
    > > > this patch.
    > > >

    > > I am not sure, internally we the kernel still deals with 2 interrupt
    > > sources (KBD and AUX) regardless whether it is in legacy or active
    > > multiplexing mode...
    > >
    > > Does it take long to trigger the bug? You coudl try doing "echo 1 >
    > > /sys/modules/i8042/parameters/debug" and thend me dmesg or
    > > /var/log/messages after the bug was triggered - I might see something
    > > there. But please be aware that if you send me such a log I can decode
    > > everything that you have been typing...
    >
    > It's usually within an hour of the right usage pattern. I'll try to
    > trigger it with debugging on while not typing anything secret Thursday
    > evening.

    Attached. This has me typing some unimportant stuff, and then it sticks,
    then I plug in a USB keyboard, then I tried unbinding the i8042 and
    binding it again; the audio stuttered briefly, and recovered, and I did it
    again, and then saved this log.

    -Daniel
    *This .sig left intentionally blank*

      Last update: 2008-09-05 02:07    [W:3.450 / U:0.112 seconds]