SubjectRe: [RFC patch 0/4] TSC calibration improvements

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> ah - perhaps a dynamic statistical approach with an estimation of
> worst-case calibration error (~= standard deviation) and a quality
> threshold to reach? That could dramatically increase the number of
> samples while also making it much faster in practice. Nifty!

Oh, no, I'm _much_ more nifty than that!

Instead of being very clever, I have a very _stupid_ algorithm, one that
has very hardcoded expectations of exactly what it will see. And if it
doesn't see exactly that, it just fails early.

I'd post the patch, but I really need to actually _test_ it first, and I
haven't rebooted yet.

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans