    SubjectRe: [patch] Add basic sanity checks to the syscall execution patch
    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:01:46 +0200
    Andi Kleen <andi@firstfloor.org> wrote:

    > Arjan van de Ven <arjan@infradead.org> writes:
    >
    > > Add basic sanity checks to the syscall execution patch
    >
    > This just means that the root kits will switch to patch
    > the first instruction of the entry points instead.
    >
    > So the protection will be zero to minimal, but the overhead will
    > be there forever.
    >
    > Now that I said this I expect it to go in yesterday.

    I'd have considered taking your email serious if you had left out the
    uncalled and unneeded sarcasm line at the end.

    --
    If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
    visit http://www.lesswatts.org

      Last update: 2008-09-04 14:47    [W:0.027 / U:119.648 seconds]