SubjectRe: linux-next: Tree for August 14 (sysfs/acpi errors)

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, Rusty Russell wrote:

> On Sunday 17 August 2008 12:30:34 Andi Kleen wrote:
> > Greg KH wrote:

I think we (all) agree that we should keep the acpi gunk together,
rather than creating namespace sprawl to satisfy the current sysfs code.

> > > It is a WARN() call, not a BUG().
> >
> > Ok. Can we remove it? Or add a new entry point that allows to disable it?
> >
> > I don't think relying on link order like Rusty proposes is a good long term
> > solution.
>
> To be clear, I agree with Andi. If this is for current kernel I'd just fix
> link order, for longer term we need something cleverer.

This problem first shows up with the addition of the
acpi.power_nocheck modparam, which is staged for 2.6.28.
Is 2.6.28 "current" or longer term?

thanks,
-Len

  Last update: 2008-09-24 10:03    [W:0.090 / U:0.364 seconds]