SubjectRe: [patch 00/03] USB-IP patches
On Tue, Sep 02, 2008 at 10:12:36AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 11:50:08PM -0600, Brian G. Merrell wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 04:00:16PM -0700, greg@kroah.com wrote:
> > > Here's 3 patches that adds USB-IP functionality code to the kernel tree.
> > >
> > > It is against 2.6.27-rc4, and has been added to the -staging tree. If
> > > there are no major objections, I'll also queue it up in the usb tree for
> > > submission into 2.6.28.
> > >
> > > The code is based on Takahiro's great work that has been sitting outside
> > > of the kernel for many many years now. Brian Merrell took the most
> > > recent version of the code, cleaned it up and sent it to me. I did more
> > > cleanup and split the patch into 3 pieces, making it a bit easier to
> > > work with.
> > >
> > > There are still a number of checkpatch.pl warnings/errors emitted, and
> > > Brian said he would work on them in the upcoming weeks, but they don't
> > > distract from the basic functionality and a good review would be nice to
> > > have.
> >
> > I will indeed continue to work on getting rid of the checkpatch.pl
> > warnings/errors during the upcoming weeks. I already eliminated the
> > ones I could figure out without too much effort; I am sure the
> > remaining ones are trivial to many of you out there, so I welcome
> > any suggestions.
>
> The kthread one looks like you will have to change a bit of the code,
> all of the other remaining ones should be self-explanatory. If not,
> please let us know and we'll be glad to help out.
>
> Can you also work to address all of the review comments made on the code
> so far as well? I don't know how much time you have to work on this,
> but for now I'll let you send me changes and not do anything on the code
> myself. Sound good?

Well, now that school is back in session I haven't had a lot of time
to look at this. I was really hoping to make time but it just
hasn't happened. I finish my degree in December, but until then it
doesn't look like I will have a lot of time to look at this. I
still want to contribute what I can, but I don't want to hold things
up. So please don't not make changes on my account. Sorry.

Thanks,
Brian G. Merrell

  Last update: 2008-09-24 03:31    [W:0.077 / U:2.704 seconds]