SubjectRe: How how latent should non-preemptive scheduling be?
Matt Keenan wrote:
> If you use ALSA you could write a custom .asoundrc file and increase
> ALSA's default buffer size, this gives the hardware a longer buffer to
> play which may work around the problem. This used to do the trick for me
> with the old scheduler with slow machines. Not a fix but if nothing else
> works...

In all fairness turning on preemption also helps (I don't hear any drops
or see any stalls once it's on) but I'm trying to work out if this is an
underlying problem that can be fixed (and then there is the case of the
default desktop distros).

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/

  Last update: 2008-09-22 08:53    [W:0.089 / U:0.136 seconds]