SubjectRe: (repost) Confirmation of methods for calculating requested pathname.
On Tue, 02 Sep 2008, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> No, that idea seemingly died because both Al and Miklos thought it was
> wrong to add new security hooks to the same code path (vs. moving the
> existing ones to the callers),

I do think that duplicating hooks is the wrong approach, but it does
have the minimal impact of all the solutions, and the duplication can
be consolidated later. So in the end this might be the easiest way
forward.

What Al is violently opposed to is removing the vfs_foo() API which
separates the "VFS core", which doesn't know anything abount mounts,
from the rest of the VFS.

But as Jamie pointed out, we've already sneaked in vfsmounts via the
r/o bind mounts patches. I don't see why we would need to strictly
separate the mount namespace handling from the VFS core.

Miklos

  Last update: 2008-09-02 16:09    [W:0.031 / U:0.328 seconds]