SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] AMD IOMMU updates for 2.6.28
On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:51:11PM +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:39:23 +0200
> Joerg Roedel <joerg.roedel@amd.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 07:28:13PM +0900, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

> > > As I wrote, I don't think that this GART patch is the right approach.
> >
> > I don't thinks its clean to leave nofullflush in GART code and move
> > fullflush to generic code only.
>
> It's not clean for GART but clean for other IOMMUs.

So its unclean anyway. It doesn't matter if for GART or for AMD IOMMU.

> > If we move something then both. But feel
> > free to submit a patch that removes the nofullflush option. I would not
> > disagree with that.
>
> I'm not sure we can remove an option that we added. If we can, please
> remove it now. There is no point to make the meaningless option
> generic.

I don't added this option. I just moved it to generic code from the
GART. The nofullflush option has no meaning for GART and for AMD
IOMMU. The only reason to keep it is if we want to change the default in
the future. If you don't think we would change the default any time in
the future feel free to remove it.

Joerg

--
| AMD Saxony Limited Liability Company & Co. KG
Operating | Wilschdorfer Landstr. 101, 01109 Dresden, Germany
System | Register Court Dresden: HRA 4896
Research | General Partner authorized to represent:
Center | AMD Saxony LLC (Wilmington, Delaware, US)
| General Manager of AMD Saxony LLC: Dr. Hans-R. Deppe, Thomas McCoy

  Last update: 2008-09-19 13:05    [W:0.041 / U:0.060 seconds]