SubjectRe: Populating multiple ptes at fault time
Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:

>>> bet there's an appropriate pvop hook you could use to force
>>> synchronization just before the kernel actually inspects the bits
>>> (leaving lazy mode sounds good).
>>>

>> It would have to be a new lazy mode, not the existing one, I think.
>>

> The only direct use of pte_young() is in zap_pte_range, within a
> mmu_lazy region. So syncing the A bit state on entering lazy mmu mode
> would work fine there.

Ugh, leaving lazy pte.a mode when entering lazy mmu mode?

> The call via page_referenced_one() doesn't seem to have a very
> convenient hook though. Perhaps putting something in
> page_check_address() would do the job.

Why there?

Why not explicitly in the callers? We need more than to exit lazy pte.a
mode, we also need to enter it again later.

signature is too narrow to contain.

  Last update: 2008-09-19 02:25    [W:0.151 / U:0.840 seconds]