SubjectRe: [Bug #11500] /proc/net bug related to selinux
Andrew Morton <akpm@linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 18:12:59 -0400
> Paul Moore <paul.moore@hp.com> wrote:
>
>> > We don't even know the extent of the damage yet. Which distros were
>> > affected? With which versions of which userspace packages?
>>
>> Can I assume that the "right" thing to do would be to find the problem
>> and revert whatever change caused the issue, yes? Or are we happy to
>> wait and see since the fallout so far has been minimal?
>
> I don't think a revert is justified after all this time. afaik I'm the
> first person to notice the problem, and it's been out there for
> multiple months.
>
> However it would be good if we could find some not-completely-stinky
> way of making the old userspace work.
>
> otoh, people who are shipping 2.6.25- and 2.6.26-based distros probably
> wouldn't want such a patch in their kernels anyway.

Disable selinux?

Get a selinux mystic to update that selinux policy. I bet it is a one line
change to each the policy about /proc/net as a symlink.

Although I am puzzled why we don't get the same label as /proc/net as a directory
had.

Eric

  Last update: 2008-09-18 01:07    [W:0.105 / U:0.140 seconds]