SubjectRe: A bug (probably) in stop_all_threads
On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:58:21PM +0530, karthikeyan S wrote:

>> > OK, that will help me review the current code and compare it with 2.6.
>> > If you could send me your patch, it will even save me more time. Based
>> > on your report, it's very likely that it will get merged.
>>
>> Sure, I can definitely send the patch. I haven't sent a patch before,
>> and I am not fully aware of the process to follow. It might take a
>> little bit if time, but I will try to send it very soon.
>
> in order not to waste your time, here is how to proceed :
>
> go to the directory where both your new kernel and old kernel are.
> Here is how you do then :
>
> $ diff -urN linux-2.4.36-bad linux-2.4.36-goot > my-patch.diff
>
> (ensure that you don't have lots of old or temporary files in it).
> You might have to run a "make distclean" in each dir first.
>
> Then integrate the result as inline text into your mail, and as an added
> bonus, other people will be able to comment on your work.

Willy, Thank you for the info.

I downloaded a 2.4.36 version from kernel.org, there is no
stop_all_threads() at all in that version.
do_coredump() mechanism seems to have been changed. It does not call
stop_all_threads().

I am not sure which 2.4 version we are using for our device that have
stop_all_threads().
And also I am not sure from where our guys had picked up the "dump
core for all threads" patch which includes the stop_all_threads
function. Had this function been there ever in official 2.4? Thanks a
lot.

So, looks like the need to send the patch is not there anymore? :-(

-karthik

> Regards,
> Willy

  Last update: 2008-09-16 21:33    [W:0.037 / U:0.040 seconds]