SubjectRe: Block: Trouble with kobject initialisation for blk_cmd_filter
Date
FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>> > Yeah, it's certainly starting to look like it... The amount of changes
>> > to unbreak it are too large to submit now, so lets postpone it until
>> > 2.6.28.
>>
>> As far as I can make out, nothing has happened yet at this front. I've
>> just verified that reverting the following commits (in that order) seems
>> to be working nicely for me:
>>
>> 2dc75d3c3b4
>> bb23b431db7
>> a4a778971b9
>> 4beab5c623f
>> 14e507b852e
>> abf54393704
>> 06a452e5b95
>> 2b272d4f795
>> 0b07de85a76
>>
>> Is that what you had in mind? Will you take care of it?
>
> The following commit should disable the command filter feature:
>
> commit 2dc75d3c3b49c64fd26b4832a7efb75546cb3fc5
> Author: Jens Axboe <jens.axboe@oracle.com>
> Date: Thu Sep 11 14:20:23 2008 +0200
>
> block: disable sysfs parts of the disk command filter

Right, so it really is only the sysfs interface of the command filter
that causes problems, is it? Does that also mean that you are not
unhappy with the command filter in linux-next either except for the
sysfs interfae? I didn't realise that, sorry for the noise.

Regards,

Elias

  Last update: 2008-09-15 22:51    [W:0.385 / U:0.048 seconds]