SubjectRe: [linux-dvb] Multiproto API/Driver Update
On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Manu Abraham <abraham.manu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Markus Rechberger wrote:

>>> The initial set of DVB-S2 multistandard devices supported by the
>>> multiproto tree is follows. This is just the stb0899 based dvb-s2 driver
>>> alone. There are more additions by 2 more modules (not devices), but for
>>> the simple comparison here is the quick list of them, for which some of
>>> the manufacturers have shown support in some way. (There has been quite
>>> some contributions from the community as well.):
>>>
>>> (Also to be noted is that, some BSD chaps also have shown interest in
>>> the same)
>>>

>> they're heavy into moving the whole framework over as far as I've seen
>> yes, also including yet unmerged drivers.
>

> Using the same interface, the same applications will work there as well
> which is a bonus, but isn't the existing user interface GPL ? (A bit
> confused on that aspect)
>

>>> * STB0899 based
>>>
>>> Anubis
>>> Typhoon DVB-S2 PCI
>>>
>>> Azurewave/Twinhan
>>> VP-1041
>>> VP-7050
>>>
>>> Digital Now
>>> AD SP400
>>> AD SB300
>>>
>>> KNC1
>>> TV Station DVB-S2
>>> TV Station DVB-S2 Plus
>>>
>>> Pinnacle
>>> PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB 452e
>>>
>>> Satelco
>>> TV Station DVB-S2
>>> Easywatch HDTV USB CI
>>> Easywatch HDTV PCI
>>>
>>> Technisat
>>> Skystar HD
>>> Skystar HD2
>>> Skystar USB2 HDCI
>>>
>>> Technotrend
>>> TT S2 3200
>>> TT S2 3600
>>> TT S2 3650
>>>
>>> Terratec
>>> Cinergy S2 PCI HD
>>> Cinergy S2 PCI HDCI
>>>

>> those are pullable now against the current tree?
>

> These devices, depend upon the DVB API update without which it wouldn't
> work as they depend heavily on the DVB API framework. Without the
> updated framework, it doesn't make any sense to pull them: they won't
> even compile. The last but not least reason is that, the stb0899 driver
> is a DVB-S2 multistandard device which requires DVB-S2/DSS support
> additionally.

so the framework is available, and the drivers could be pushed in
right afterwards, I wonder
who is willing to port those drivers to the other API (including testing).
It's not going to happen any time soon I guess, if there's not an
agreement with Manu's
work. Dumping this code would show another step of ignorance and
selfishness against the
people who worked on it.

Markus

  Last update: 2008-09-14 17:41    [W:0.081 / U:0.248 seconds]