SubjectRe: Partition check considered as error is breaking mounting in 2.6.27
Date
> > > ________________________________________________________________disk->disk_name, p);
> > > -______________________________________________continue;
> > > ________________________________}
>
> wtf-your-email-client-is-insane.

I have no idea where that came from. Wasn't in the original or
in my copy.

> > So that now deserves to be KERN_WARN not KERN_ERR, yes?
>
> spose so.
>
> I'm fairly unenthused about the recent KERN_correctness fad since it
> went and broke sysrq-T output (you have to set the loglevel beforehand
> to avoid getting only partial output).

On development systems I generally "echo 8 > /proc/sysrq*"
to make sure KERN_DEBUG isn't hidden.
In this case it's just that I saw flamage a few minutes
earlier from someone trying to keep a distro boot from
spewing scarey messages for things that were NOT errors.
Like ... this message. :)

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans