SubjectRe: udev and inotify
On 01.09.2008 11:32, qxc@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after I have tried it in different webboards and also in different mailing lists from vger.kernel.org without success I afraid I have to ask my question here (guessing that it is definitely the wrong mailing list):
>
> I have compiled a special kernel without inotify and dnotify because the target system is very static and doesn't needs them (but kernel size is important on that system).
>
> Unfortunately now I get an error message from udev that inotify is missing and therefore udev can't check if its cofiguration files change (what never will happen on that system).
>
> So my question is: how do I get rid of that error message? Can I set a udev option somewhere that turns it off? It is verty irritating for users because it displays an error that is no error...

After locking into the source.
udevd.c, main-function.
Just look for the "inotify_init". It's the if/else if/else after that

The error-message doesn't depend on any further conditions.
If you want to get rid of it, you have to patch it out, getting rid of
the else if and else should to the trick.

Bis denn

  Last update: 2008-09-01 14:01    [W:0.042 / U:0.296 seconds]