    SubjectRe: Problem with restricted I2C algorithms in kernel 2.6.26!
    Hi Michael,

    On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 15:03:36 -0400, Michael Krufky wrote:
    > I agree with Trent and D.Kelly
    >
    > These options should be made available to the user -- We should go
    > with the patch that Jean posted, "Subject: i2c: Let users select
    > algorithm drivers manually again" -- this is a fair compromise for
    > both sides -- users that dont know should leave the automatic
    > selection enabled. Users that know better can disable the automatic
    > selection and enable what they need.
    >
    > The statement, "just have the external driver merged into the kernel"
    > is not a solution.

    Why not, please? A vast majority of drivers work fine that way today. I
    am still waiting for someone to give me a good reason why some other
    drivers supposedly can't be merged upstream (something better than
    "believe me, it's impossible".)

    > Removing the option to build those additional algos is a regression, IMHO

    Will be addressed soon, do not worry.

    --
    Jean Delvare

      Last update: 2008-08-07 23:09    [W:2.775 / U:0.352 seconds]