SubjectRe: [GIT]: Networking
2008/8/29 Rui Santos <rsantos@grupopie.com>:
> Ivo van Doorn wrote:
>>> Talking about wireless driver updates - has anybody looked at the RaLink
>>> wireless driver? It's in the newer EeePC's (901 and 1000), and it
>>> actually has a driver from the company which the comments make clear is
>>> GPLv2 too, no apparent oddness or anything:
>>>
>>> http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/data/drivers/2008_0708_RT2860_Linux_STA_v1.7.0.0.tar.bz2
>>>
>>> which admittedly apparently has some trivial problems (with a trivial
>>> patch as seen at
>>>
>>> http://fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=195429
>>>
>>> I'd love to have that one working, since I have the hardware, and it's
>>> actually reasonable (much more so than the original EeePC, in fact). What
>>> channels should I go through? Is anybody working on integrating it
>>> already?
>>
>> Like the earlier rt2x00 drivers I am rewriting the driver as released by Ralink and
>> have put it in the rt2x00lib/mac80211 framework. Most of the code is currently done, and the
>> last part should be done this week. After that it is a matter of testing and comparing
>> register values with the Ralink driver for the last tweaks.
>
> Hi Ivo,
>
> I'm now a EeePc 901 owner. I'd also like to have wireless working on
> this machine.
> I'm available for any test you might want to undertake so, do not
> hesitate to ask.

EeePC is working, the patch series i submitted adds support for RF2425
chip which is included on EeePCs as far as i know (i have tested it on
an EeePC 900 surf, i think EeePC 901 has the same card) ;-)

We have some performance issues with ath5k but we are working on it
you can try and lock on b rates for better performance (we miss some
RF calibration stuff and CCK rates seem to perform better).

Happy wardriving ;-)

--
GPG ID: 0xD21DB2DB
As you read this post global entropy rises. Have Fun ;-)

  Last update: 2008-08-31 22:01    [W:0.135 / U:0.088 seconds]