SubjectRe: MTD/block regression (was Re: Slub debugging NAND error in 2.6.25.10.atmel.2)
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:34:12 +0900
FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Really sorry about that. A fix was queued in Jens' tree:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=122000748432301&w=2

Ah, great. Sorry for not searching the list before posting.

> > Unfortunately, I can't revert it cleanly, so it could be a false
> > positive. But it does sort of make sense, since it makes the filter
> > per-queue instead of per-gendisk, so if MTD uses the same queue for
> > several block devices, the filter kobject might end up being
> > initialized multiple times. Or something.
>
> Right, the problem is that MTD uses the same queue for multiple
> gendisks. It would be great if a MTD developer could fix it.

Yeah, I sort of suspected that MTD was doing something unusual.
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with the MTD and block code
to help out here...

Haavard

  Last update: 2008-08-30 12:53    [W:0.062 / U:0.308 seconds]