SubjectRe: question wrt /drivers/char/tty_io.c in pre 2.6.16 code
Thanks Greg/Alan,
As for maintaining 2 and a half year old distros that's my job.
I think I figured out a way of doing the flow control.
I need to wrap the line discipline function pointer
disc->ops->receive_buf(tty, char_buf,flag_buf, count);
in /drivers/char/tty_io.c for my hso driver anyway
I can put in a counter in this wrapper decrementing
the buffers full & increment the counter each time
I call tty_flip_buffer_push(tty); which I will only
do if there are less than 2 buffers busy.

If this idea is plain wrong let me know.

--
best regards,
D.J. Barrow

  Last update: 2008-08-28 09:51    [W:0.053 / U:2.608 seconds]