SubjectRe: pull request: wireless-2.6 2008-08-26
On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 04:11:15PM -0700, Tomas Winkler wrote:
> if (beacon_timestamp > rx_timestamp)
> merge
>
> The patch from Assaf just disable reporting RX timestamp to mac and
> thus disabling merging which gives incorrect spec behavior but smooth
> traffic.

We *should follow the spec*.

> Actually we've checked few cards including broadcom and various
> windows NICs

What are windows NICs?

> and non of them implements this correctly so this WA is
> probably the solution.

Disagreed! If there is hardware which is not capable of handling this
we should simply have a HW flag which specifies this to handle this as a
work around (WA). Just because some cards are not capable it doesn't
mean it should impose that on the rest.

> Other solution would be to mark leader with highest TSF and not
> reconnecting to the same station again and again.
>
> Last solution would be to remove this merging all together but then
> I'm not sure if Bruno added this code just implement the spec or
> really tested it with any hardware. I'm not sure if any vendor
> implements PS in IBSS so this merging is probably not important
> anyway.

Absolutely not! IBSS merge is per spec, otherwise you don't really have
a real IBSS.

Luis

  Last update: 2008-08-28 01:33    [W:0.100 / U:3.588 seconds]