SubjectRe: /proc/acpi/ibm/wan stopped appearing
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> 2. The proper way to control ANY radio's rfkill functions is through the
> rfkill sysfs interface. That includes thinkpad-acpi's bluetooth and WWAN.

Do you know what UI-level programs make use of these interfaces now?

> IOW, we may have a regression here. Please compile thinkpad-acpi with debug
> mode enabled, load it with the "debug=0xffff" and "experimental=1"
> parameters (as far as I remember, WWAN requires "experimental=1" to work,
> without that it will NOT load, and you will NOT get /proc/acpi/ibm/wan or
> anything else WWAN related from thinkpad-acpi), and send me the resulting
> log output from thinkpad-acpi.

Actually, that may be it. I think I used to load it as a module, and
modprobe.conf set experimental=1, but I don't have an equivalent on the
kernel command line.

I think I'll submit a patch to remove the need for experimental; it's
been working fine for me for 3 years now.

  Last update: 2008-08-28 01:29    [W:0.958 / U:0.016 seconds]