SubjectIntroduce interface to report BIOS bugs (reworked, FW_BUG simple solution)
Date
Even simplier, using FW_BUG define. I agree that the first implementation
was over-designed, I somehow liked the printk_fw_err() and printk_fw_info()
more, looked somehow more consistent with:

#define pr_info(fmt, arg...) \
printk(KERN_INFO fmt, ##arg)
(and others).

Hmm, it shouldn't really matter.
I wonder whether it works out that messages are hidden to the ordinary
user with printk(KERN_INFO FW_BUG...).
Something that vendors get an idea that they should not do this, but
hiding it on a normally booted system is needed (but e.g. show it on a
linuxfirmwarekit booted kernel).

printk(KERN_DEBUG FW_BUG...)
Won't work because there you get too much output?
Are these patches sufficient to achieve above?

Thomas

PS: Forgot to add Pavel to CC who also commented on previous patches,
it's work to do it right now, I expect you read this anyway.

  Last update: 2008-08-27 15:31    [W:0.068 / U:0.232 seconds]