    SubjectRe: loaded router, excessive getnstimeofday in oprofile
    On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 01:29:53PM +0300, Denys Fedoryshchenko wrote:
    > On Tuesday 26 August 2008, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
    > >
    > > This function is really used in many places, and these profiles are
    > > not enough at least to me, but it seems you could have a lot of
    > > softirqs (and probably hrtimers) scheduling, so maybe you should try
    > > if e.g. disabling hrtimers or changing kernel HZ makes any difference.
    > >
    > > Jarek P.
    > One user is shapers, it is ok for me.

    The question is if you really need so exact shaping at a cost of
    higher system load.

    > I am not sure, but maybe another user is softlockup debug option... and if
    > there is a lot of task switches maybe it will cause excessive load of timers
    > slow?

    Maybe. Anyway, you could try if lower HZ (with longer jiffies) can help
    with processing more skbs without rescheduling.

    Jarek P.

      Last update: 2008-08-26 12:49    [W:0.023 / U:2.500 seconds]