    SubjectRe: 2.6.{26.2,27-rc} oops on virtualbox
    Em Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:18:51 +0200
    Gerhard Brauer <gerhard.brauer@web.de> escreveu:

    | On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 02:08:13PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
    | > Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino wrote:
    | >>
    | >> I have asked Mandriva and Ubuntu users to test this and all of
    | >> them so far are saying that noreplace-paravirt works.
    | >>
    | >> It makes the system slower, but it works.
    | >>

    | > Yes, the big issue is exactly what VirtualBox screws up in this matter,
    | > how to detect it, and how to work around it.
    | >
    | > It's pretty clear it's a VirtualBox f*ckup at this point, but the failure
    | > mechanism isn't at all obvious and so far the workaround is elusive.
    | >
    | > I'm strongly suspect this is a VirtualBox tcache management failure, but
    | > that doesn't help the situation without knowing how it happens.
    |
    | On Archlinux we have the same problem. We have a bugreport here:
    | http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/11141
    |
    | Myself test it with a LiveCD/Install-ISO which has 2.6.26 as install
    | kernel. We have the guest oops on virtualbox-ose, virtualbox-sun and both on
    | i686 or x86_64 hosts.
    |
    | Some things i noticed:
    | - The system boots always when i either enable VT-x in guest settings or
    | disable acpi and run the guest with acpi=off.

    Yes, lots of ubuntu users have reported the same but another "lots"
    of them have reported that the trick didn't work.

    Thanks for joining!

    --
    Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino

      Last update: 2008-08-26 18:05    [W:0.038 / U:30.656 seconds]