SubjectRe: reiser4 for 2.6.27-rc1
Date
Alan Cox wrote:
>> And yes, I think Hans lost his right to decide over the name because of
>> what he has done. That is no disrespect for his work, only for him as
>> person in general, and I do strongly disrespect him as a person.
>
> So should ever reissue of a work by Gary Glitter have the name removed
> from the cover, every opera by Wagner have the name removed for his
> attitudes ?
>
> History is a one way street, and you might as well have the fs known the
> way it is so that people remember "reiser oh wasn't he the guy who.." -
> unless you are trying to market the fs I guess.

A one way street indeed, I see no reason to rename the f/s since the
association will remain. People who follow Linux will know anyway, and I
doubt most people will remember one more guy who killed his wife during
a nasty divorce. Sad to say there's a lot of that around.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>

  Last update: 2008-08-25 21:53    [W:0.069 / U:4.320 seconds]