SubjectRe: 2.6.{26.2,27-rc} oops on virtualbox
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino wrote:
> I have asked Mandriva and Ubuntu users to test this and all of
> them so far are saying that noreplace-paravirt works.
> It makes the system slower, but it works.

Yes, the big issue is exactly what VirtualBox screws up in this matter,
how to detect it, and how to work around it.

It's pretty clear it's a VirtualBox f*ckup at this point, but the
failure mechanism isn't at all obvious and so far the workaround is elusive.

I'm strongly suspect this is a VirtualBox tcache management failure, but
that doesn't help the situation without knowing how it happens.