    SubjectRe: char/tpm: tpm_infineon no longer loaded for HP 2510p laptop
    Date
    On Thursday 21 August 2008 03:18:33 pm Kay Sievers wrote:
    > Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
    > >Is there a "complete idiot's guide to modules
    > >and udev"? There's precious little in Documentation/ other than a bunch
    > >of sample rules for various subsystems.
    >
    > I don't know of any specific documentation, but it's pretty easy:

    Thanks for the tutorial.

    > >Could I fix this by implementing pnp_device_uevent()?
    >
    > Only if we change the format of the current pnp device aliases
    > to something like:
    > pnp*:XYZ2324:*
    > pnp*:ABC1234:*
    >
    > and create a "modalias" file at every pnp device, and add MODALIAS to
    > the uevent. The modalias must contains all ID's which belong to that
    > device in one single string, separated and terminated by a special
    > character, something like:
    > pnp:ABC1234:XYZ2324:RST3445:

    This all sounds like good stuff that I'd like PNP to have. Is there
    any reason I shouldn't implement pnp_device_uevent()? Any backwards-
    compatibility issues?

    I think that sounds like a better solution than doing this PNP ID
    mangling.

    Bjorn

      Last update: 2008-08-22 00:01    [W:0.027 / U:0.468 seconds]